Saturday, November 17, 2007

Girls' Night Out

THANK HEAVENS for girlfriends! Just wanted to give a shout-out to my great friends for a fabulous and fun overnighter. We headed up to the in-laws' place in Midway (thanks Bob and Suze) and had a wonderful evening of food, shopping, treats and lots of talking. Alex and Mark asked me what I did up there, and I said that we talked until 4 or 5 a.m. They just looked at me like, "huh? how can you do that?" Well... with these girls, it's easy! We couldn't believe how late it was. It's always so nice to hang out with the girls, and discuss everything from kids to religion to high school memories. One thing that I'll always be grateful for is this awesome group of women who all helped me and each other survive the turbulence of adolescence and young adulthood and who still help each other through all the various stages of life. I don't know what I'd do without you all! Next year, we're taking pictures to "journal" our outings... pajamas, baggy eyes, and all! Don't forget to sit on your heals, ladies!

(This was the only picture I got.... When we woke up, there were 5 or 6 deer on our back patio... lovin' it!)



3 comments:

Jen said...

That was such a fun night!! I never actually made it to sleep, so I just got up and headed home. Sorry that I didn't get to say goodbye to anyone. Check my blog later for the story about our pictures -- looking back I probably would have stayed in Midway to get a little sleep. Anyway, I am looking forward to next year's night. Thanks again!

Blaine and Tirsa said...

I'm jealous! That sounds like so much fun. I stay up that late every night but not for fun! :) I'm sure you understand with twins and all.

Camille said...

This sounds like so much fun! Was Heidi there?