I'm not sure if I'm jinxing myself by putting this is writing... hmmm... do I dare say? Alex is FINALLY on the road to being potty trained! woo hoo! Yes, I know. He's 3 years and 8 months old. It's about bloody time. And he's doing great! (As he should since he's practically an adult by now!) The biggest hang-up in the whole process? Not him. Me. I sooo hate dealing with this whole process. Even now that we're having relative success (2 to 3 pairs of underwear a day is fairly successful, no?) I'm still dreading the whole process. Do I put on a pull-up every time we go out in public? How do you get a kid that's OCD about going in his toilet only (not even any other toilet in our house) to go in a public restroom?
Anyway, we're on day 4 of underwear only. Now our next hurdle? Doin' that other duty. Ya know... #2. sigh. Kid has got to have a killer belly ache by now, no? This picture is my attempt to get him to try and do the duty. (no luck on this attempt.) Thank heavens for laptops, and thank heavens for Star Wars Legos.
9 comments:
Tiffany,
Sounds like you guys are having fun!! We are just finishing up with the early stages of potty training and Lucy doesn't like using other potties as well. But when it comes down to it, she finally gives in!! Good luck!
Jaime
Honestly . . . what is it with boys? Ashton is sure there are monsters lurking in the toilet waiting to grab him as soon as he sits down! Hang in there. You can be sure he's not going to be off to college in a pull-up! He's a smart and darling little guy!
I have heard that boys are so much harder. Bella really was a breeze but Ez will probably give me a run for my money. Lucky you...you have 3!!! :)
I love the laptop in the bathroom. It's a great picture. Good luck!
I am laughing so hard right now. With two boys and one more to go on the potty train I feel your pain. We finally got the #2 out by taking him to chuck-e-cheeses after. We bought a bunch of tokens then he was trying to push it out after. It was the first one that took the longest. Congrats and good luck.
Yes you are jinxing yourself!!
Go do an un-jinxing dance outside before anything happens... ;)
The nice thing is, there is no right age for any of this. Just watch, one of the twins will be potty trained by 2 and the other wont until he is 5. By then you will have twin girls and you will NEVER blog because they will ALL want the computer!
I've seen shally's unjinxing dance.. it's not pretty.. but it works. No wonder you're not getting any blogging time:0
That kid! He's wonderful isn't he! What a fast grower too! I just posted on my blog! Check it out!
Post a Comment