Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ahhh, poop, poison control, and other misc

Just to put your mind at ease from the start... No. My child did not eat poop, resulting in a call to poison control. Just FYI.

What a day! And it's only 12:45 p.m. And so I blog for therapy.

I just put all my bath toys in the dishwasher, and a load of laundry in the washer. I'm bleaching my light colors. Why? So that I can get the poop germs out of the toys and washcloths and the pee germs out of the bath towels. How did this happen, you ask? Well, let me tell ya.

It all started with a whining and crying Alex. (surprise, surprise) He started crying first thing this morning, and hasn't stopped yet. Granted, the poor kid has a nasty head cold, so I know he's miserable. But still! Males.

Anyway, I threw all three kids in the bath and all was going well. I was just getting Jackson out and drying him off when AJ stood up in the tub and said, "Poo. Poo. Poo." I looked over to see the lovely stuff floating around in the water.

Gross.

So, of course I had to put Jackson down (naked) in order to save Andrew from playing in the stuff like it was play-doh. I successfully got AJ out fairly poop free, got him dressed and went to find Jackson.

Then ensued the discovery of the pee soaked towel. (Thank you, Jackson, for not peeing on my carpet.) As I cleaned up and dressed Jackson, AJ got a hold of a full, newly-opened-this-morning, box of cereal (thank you, big brother Alex) and quickly dumped the entire contents out onto my bedroom floor. We then had major meltdowns as Mom vacuumed the floor instead of letting the 18-month old child use the vacuum.

*sigh*

All this happened as my husband tried to book a flight for me to visit my parents in Georgia. With all the distractions, we missed the steal-of-a-deal pricing by about 1/2 hour as all the flights proceeded to fill up.

Oh, and where does the Poison Control come in? Well, luckily that wasn't today. That was yesterday. Because, you see, this mother (who really is in the running for Mother-of-the-Year) left her little toddler (guess which one? yep, AJ) in the basement for no more than 30 seconds unsupervised. It was long enough for Alex to come running upstairs yelling, "Mommy! AJ is eating the washing machine soap!" Sure enough, the Tide with Bleach was all over the floor and all over his mouth. Hence, Poison Control. (I'm happy to let everyone know that a few drinks of milk or water are enough to dilute the small amount swallowed and all is well. But when he's 14 years old and failing all his classes, remind me that the Tide just might have caused some permanent brain damage. Only time will tell.)

And thus it is.

I'm ready for a nap. Ciao.

5 comments:

♥Shally said...

Heaven help you today!!! Holy cow.

I hate poop in the tub. And pee on the towel (yes, that has happened at our house also.)

Thank goodness the Tide incident turned out okay! Cam is trying to eat dish washing soap all the time. Good to know the milk thing... ;)

Julie said...

Oh, I so remember those days. Don't feel alone, it has happened to a lot of us "Mothers-of-the-year". I honestly can say it does get easier!! Well---easier in different ways. It sounds like you deserve to go to Georgia no matter the cost--book that flight!! Take care and keep that great sense of humor. Julie

Tirsa said...

oh, what a day! I hate the poop in the bath. I remember when Bella used to do that. So far no poop yet with Ez but the boy HATES baths so he stands crying the whole time I am trying to quickly wash him down.
Hope tomorrow is better!

Anonymous said...

Tif, I think you're the next Erma Brombeck.

Sherine said...

See how much money we save buy doing a blog therapy session? I need to go shopping more.