Saturday, November 8, 2008

Miss Spider

As I discovered this post about National Adoption Month, it reminded me of the sweetest book that we checked out at the library some time ago. When I read the book "Little Miss Spider," by David Kirk, I wanted to buy a copy for all of my friends and acquaintances that had ever adopted a child. Well... since I'm on a budget, I thought I'd tell you about it instead.

This books tells of Miss Spider's quest to find her mother. After a long journey, Miss Spider adopts as her mother the green beetle, Betty, who has been assisting Miss Spider all along. As the text explains,

"For finding your mother,
There's one certain test.
You must look for the creature
Who loves you the best."

5 comments:

♥Shally said...

I am totally buying that book!

Thanks for sharing it.

Tirsa said...

Of course I appreciate this post. I really LOVE the Miss Spider movies and didn't realize there is a book! I'll for sure have to get it. Thanks for recommending it.

Sherine said...

What a great find:)

Julie said...

We have that book, and I love it. Thanks for the reminder. I will have to find it and read it to Karissa. Have a great day, Tiffany. Julie

Ron and Mary Brunner said...

shhh - don't tell Bec. A perfect Christmas gift! Thanks for sharing Tiff.