Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Love summer!

I don't even have kids in school yet, but I already love, love, love the onset of summers. Summer used to be my least favorite season (in adulthood) because it meant that I had to wear summer clothes that were ill-fitting, then freeze in my air-conditioned office. Then I had to come out to a sweltering hot car and melt until the A/C finally kicked in.

But now...? Oh, I can't get enough! Sweaty faced kids that smell of sunblock; sprinklers and hoses getting everything wet; swimming and conquering fears of water at Gma's pool; late summer nights, enjoying the cool of twighlight; shaved ice; awesome thunder storms; picnics at the park with friends; lazy days; Otter Pops; free concerts at the park; sidewalk chalk; lying in the shade of a tree, just watching the leaves flicker in the breeze; riding bikes; playing ball; watching the clouds form into dinosaurs; skinned knees and bruised shins...

Ahhhh... the list goes on and on.

Welcome summer! We missed you! We hope you hang out for a loooong time.

5 comments:

Tirsa said...

I love summer too, for most of those reasons that you listed. I kind of feel like I am missing out on some of my favorite summer activities this year though (like riding a bike, etc.) but there is always next summer, right?

And your latest comments on my blog made me LAUGH!

♥Shally said...

Amen. :)

Sherine said...

Oh that's a great summary!! Ditto:)

Anonymous said...

You've caught the vision, Tif. You're talking about the sweet things of life. You deserve it! Continue to enjoy. These are priceless moments.

Love you,
Mom

Jen said...

Ditto, except for the shaved ice which are now off limits since the diabetes crap.....have one for me, okay?