Here's a tale that many mothers can relate to...
The other morning, I was doing the morning bath routine, when I realized Baby B had a messy diaper. When I undid his pajamas, I realized that this was a full-on blow out - you know... the kind that goes out the legs, down the pj's to the toes; up the back to the neck; almost (but luckily not) soaked thru the pj's onto the bouncy seat and everywhere but the diaper kind of poo. So, being the "talented" mom that I am, I proceeded to undress the baby, successfully removing the onesie without getting poop smeared all over his head. Then I proceeded to clean up the mess with an arsenal of wipes. This wasn't just any poop, mind you... This was a formula fed baby that doesn't process his milk so well, been stuck in the intestines for three days kind of gooey muck. (I'll spare you the green, icky details. ha ha.) So, anyway, as I wiped, I threw the dirty wipes into the toilet. Of course, once I flushed the toilet, it backed up on me - yep, clogged. As I was taking care of that, Baby B (now diaperless) decided to add to the fun by going #1 all over the place; yep - automatic sprinkler. I finally got him into the tub and got him all cleaned up. My messy, stinky baby now smelled deliciously clean, smothered in baby lotion with yummy Downy fresh clothes on. Mmmm... Just as I did the final snap on his onesie, I looked at over at his brother, Baby A. You guessed it! He was red-faced and grunting. His turn for a poop! (And, yes, of course, he had already had his bath.) So the cycle continues. *sigh*
As I started out.... Ahhh, poop.
2 comments:
Oh, I am glad to be out of that stage. Gracie does poop in the tub every once in a great while, but at least we are past the major blowouts. . .until potty training that is. At least you are good natured about the whole thing.
I think we can all relate, only for you it's times 2.
Post a Comment