Wednesday, January 9, 2008

To blog or not to blog...?

That is the question. And I'm not sure of my answer. After I talked to a dear friend, I realized that this blogging thing is messing with my mind. (Thanks, Kristy) I'm becoming a person that I totally despise. As I link on friends of friends blog sites, I find myself totally absorbed into complete strangers' lives. Problem is, I totally compare my life with these total strangers, and THAT is what's buggin' me. I look at their houses and think, "My goodness, why can't I have a granite countertop and gourmet kitchen?" Or, "Why am I such a crappy mom that I don't have fun crafts and outings for my kids?" Or, "Why am I so uncreative that I don't make homemade gifts and quilt beautiful quilts?" etc. etc... Anyway, it's ridiculous, yes. But true, nonetheless. So... I think I'm gonna lay low on the blogging for a while. Instead of my daily indulgence on the computer, I'm gonna try to spend more attention on my kids (novel idea for a SAHM) and maybe squeak in a conference talk or two.

So... that said, I'm officially announcing a boring blog site. I will put up personal updates for my own record, but they'll be less tailored to the reader, and more specific for my personal records. (Such as, Andrew got his first two bottom teeth on Dec. 14th and 17th.)

So, signing out for now....

5 comments:

Grandma B said...

Tiff, I hope you don't that I am check in on your blog...I check out yours, Tirsa, Amy M, my niece as well as my girls. (Okay, I read a ton of them.) LOL. I love to see that your are all going through pretty much the same things that your mom and I went through...except it is amazing the vision and strength that all of you have in life and mothering. It is really quite beautiful to me. I love the blogs, and yours is one of my favorite. I especially loved how Christ centered your Christmas was. I don't comment much because I feel like Im intruding...oh dear, I hope that doesn't make me a lurker? I really hope you don't stop blogging all together you have such a way with your words. Good luch making your decision. Grandma B.

Jen said...

That earlier comment in my mom by the way (I don't think she ever identified herself). Anyway, I am saddened by your decision to cease blogging. I love reading your updates and I feel so much more in touch with you on a regular basis. So if this is your decision, then you better start calling me as much as you used to blog. I need my updates one way or another. And don't compare yourself to others, you are much to amazing yourself to worry about others. Besides if others look too good on their blogs it is probably because they aren't presenting a reality, but rather a version that they would like others to see. Love you lots.

Camille said...

I totally get it, but I'll still check for those less tailored and more personal posts.

I did get to see Sandy over the break. She is doing great and seems happy. She's got 3 darling boys much like yours only she had them all one at a time. It's been forever since I've seen Rach. From what I hear things are still the same for her.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff,
Well, I really appreciated your comment on my blog today about the calibration of the scales because I had never thought about that and that does make sense. It was a completely new doctor's office so now in my own mind I can be at peace that he probably was at least 1 or 2 ounces bigger! So, thanks! And, see...you provide your fellow bloggers with valuable insights so don't give it up completely!!!
Tirsa

Emily said...

I totally understand about your reasons to lay low on blogging. I go through spurts where I am blogging like no ones business. Then I think, I have children that I need to take care of and sleep that I need to catch up on. So I totally understand. Please keep in touch though! I love all your pics. You have such a darling family....