This is part II in the never ending saga... click here for part I:
So... today I was feeding the babies their lunch while Alex was taking a bath. After he was playing happily for ten minutes or so he says,
"Mom! I pooped in the bathtub!"
Me: "What? You did WHAT?"
Alex: "I pooped in the bathtub! I can't get it all out. Will you come help me!"
So I walk in there (leaving screaming babies because I just stopped shoveling food into their ravenous mouths) and he's got four nice little logs, lined up in a row on the washcloth that's hanging on the edge of the bathtub. YUCK. And of course the rest that he can't "get out" was floating all around in little small pieces. Double yuck. So... I stayed amazingly calm, and explained that we only go to the bathroom in the toilet or his diaper. We cleaned up the mess, disinfected, put the bath toys in the dishwasher for a nice hot wash, and started a new bath.
Later, when we were in the kitchen he said to me:
"Mom, I'm gonna tell Jesus sorry for pooping in the tub."
Me: "Okay, sweety. That's a good idea."
Alex: (quietly, under his breath so I could barely hear) "Jesus? Sorry about pooping in the tub. But it was hurting my belly, so I HAD to do it. Okay?"
heh heh heh... 'atta boy!
4 comments:
That is never a fun scenario to happen upon, you seemed to handle it so much better than me. What a sweet boy to tell Jesus sorry.
I laughed myself silly reading this entry. How funny!!! It also made for a good dinner time story (we had my folks over).
Oh, my gosh! That is too funny! All I can say is I am so glad those pooping in the tub days passed quickly. It seemed like for a time, that was her favorite place to go! And, that is just no fun for mom! I guess I have Ez's tub poops to look forward to in sometime in the future though.
Love his little conversation with Jesus. You are teaching him so well!
All three of my kids have pooped in the tub in their early years. Way to go for staying calm. I can't say I did. And I love the part about him repenting. So cute
Post a Comment