- 3 - little boys who light up my life.
- 12 - diapers that I change every day - not too bad for 3 kids in diapers!
- 75 - cheerios that are placed on high chairs each day.
- 50 - cheerios that are picked up off the floor and placed back on the tray - again.
- 4 - large jars of baby food consumed each day.
- 160 - spoonfuls of baby food fed into ravenous little mouths each day.
- 150 - quartered slices of banana fed to babies each day.
- 3 - chicken nuggets that are a 2 yr old's lunch staple.
- 45 - peas that go along with the nuggets.
- 30 - tissues that we went thru each day at the peak of our colds.
- 10 - days of antibiotics - finally!
- 2 - treatments each day of steroids in a nebulizer so Baby B can breathe easier.
- 4 - bibs that get soiled every day - on a good day.
- 1,000 - times I get told what to say each day. ("Mom, say 'this'..." "Mom, say 'that'..." usually accompanying pretend play.)
- 5 - minimum times I ask Alex to not sit on his baby brothers.
- 4 - hours of uninterrupted sleep I get each night - on the good nights.
- 4 - rooms that need walls and furniture scrubbed to remove the humidifier residue from humidifiers that have been running for EIGHT weeks now... does this cold stuff never end?
- 4 - songs of "Bye baby bye-oh" that get sung at each nap.
- 6 - Q-tips to clean out booger-noses.
- 3 - blessed baths for 3 very yummy smelling boys.
- 1 - shower that is my self-indulgence each day.
- 40 - minutes that I spend hooked up to the milking machine each day.
- 40 - ounces of milk/formula that are consumed each day - down from about 68!
- 50 - inches of high-def plasma tv that make daddy oh-so happy!
- 1 - internet connection that plays "Blue's Clues" on demand.
- 1 - teaspoon of orange Triaminic that helps runny noses so much!
- 47 - "guys" that make Alex's daily must-be-played with list. (deserves a picture post of its very own)
- 2 - of everything big: high chairs, swings, exersaucers, cribs, strollers, bouncy seats, babies, love!
- 100 - reasons to thank Heavenly Father every day.
- 1 - husband and daddy who puts up with us all and our craziness.
- 2 - times each week that my angel mother has come over to help clean house, take care of kiddies, and leave everyone with a much-elevated mood.
- 1 - time each day (at least) that an almost 3 yr old says, "Mommy? I just love you! Thanks for being the nicest mommy."
- 4 - advil that are consumed each night before bed.
- innumerable - kisses, snuggles, hugs, giggles and smiles that 1 lucky mommy receives every day.
- 3 - bedrooms that I HAVE to sneak into every night before I go to sleep just to have one more peak at the precious little sleeping faces of the biggest blessings of my life.
"Despite all new inventions and modern designs, fads and fetishes, no one has yet invented, or will ever invent, a satisfying subsitute for one's own family."
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Statistics
Well, with all the statistics that are floating around these days about this and that, I thought I'd add a few of my own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Those are the best kind of statistics! Thanks for sharing.
That is so cute Tiff! Being a mom is hard work, no doubt...but also the best work! Your boys are adorable!
I loved this blog, thanks for sharing! I am amazed at the low amount of diapers, guessed it would have been a lot higher. Can't wait to see you.
Tif - I finally got around to reading your "stats". I loved it! It will be interesting to see what they will be ten years down the road.
Love you, Mom
Post a Comment