I keep a Word file of all the cute things that Alex says to me. Today he was on a roll. I think I added half a dozen entries to my file. I wanted to share one cute one, and one tender one:
I was singing, “You’re never fully dressed without a smile” this morning, and when I got to the end I sang, “Ooh, you’re never fully dressed; ooh, you’re never fully dressed; ooh, you’re never fully dressed without a… ______” And I didn’t sing the last word (smile) so that Alex could fill in the blank. He shouted out, “Shirt!” Yup kid…, you’re right. You’ve gotta have a shirt to be fully dressed!
Then, because I'd been gone for a long weekend, he was a bit clingy today. He started whining, “Mom, I want to hold you.” I said, “Ok.” And he said, “No, mom! I want to hold you in my arms!” Ahhh...
1 comment:
You didn't tell me about the "I want to hold you one." Like I said, the children were fussing and clinging that day because they were afraid you might go away again. How fortunate they are that their own darling mother returned. They love you so much! So do I! Mom
Post a Comment