Tuesday, January 13, 2009

These boys...

Seriously... can a mother not accomplish daily physical necessities without having all chaos break loose? I hate to get graphic here, and I'll probably delete this post tomorrow, but sheesh! I had to do my daily duty (ya know... go to the bathroom). And while I wish it only took me 2 seconds, it unfortunately didn't. In the short time that I was in the bathroom, these boys accomplished total havoc. I came out to Alex's cries of, "Mom! They have your water bottle!" I come to see my bedroom floor soaked with a full bottle of water. Grrr... Not too bad, until I see both boys eating my ear plugs (another story related to lack of sleep), which has to be one of the nastiest things ever. Next to them are my sunglasses, shattered to smithereens. One twin then runs off just as I see him holding my box of safety pins. I chase him into the kitchen where I see Alex's cup of applesauce smeared all over the table, laptop, chair and floor by the other twin. I slowly walk thru the house, noticing that every toy, from every drawer and toy chest has been removed from said drawer or chest and scattered on the floor. All in a mere couple of minutes! Goodness!

I know that many people have had it worse, but two minutes people. Sheesh. I guess I'd be more forgiving if these boys were well-rested, happy, and in fabulous moods today. But their lack of sleep (and thus my lack of sleep) has left us all a bit on the cranky side.

Needless to say, the next time I have to use the bathroom they will all be tethered to their cribs. :)

8 comments:

♥Shally said...

When I need personal time, I strap them in their carseats in the car.


Just kidding. :)

It is amazing what they can do in a few minutes, isn't it?

Julie said...

Oh man, Tiffany. I think I would have run away from home...hang in there. Julie

Amberlee said...

Sorry. That was a fabulous post, though. I'm loving the final paragraph. I laughed out loud.

Sherine said...

ahh.. bathroom time. One of the few quiet moments of my day. Most days it's worth what may be going on outside of my throne. But today? Doesn't sound like it was worth it for ya:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Tif, we laughed out loud on this one. I know it wasn't fun for you, but you sure put humor into it. Hilarious!! Can't wait to see those boys. Maybe one time of baby sitting, and I'll throw in the towel. Right? Hee hee

Hang in there!

Love,
Mom

Becker Family said...

If you DO delete this post you have to save it somewhere. Hopefully you'll look back and laugh. Did this all happen after our workout today? Oh, wow!

Marni Bown said...

I am laughing out loud right now. I have to admit that hasn't every happened with multiple children involved, yet...fingers crossed. Boys.

Shannon said...

From one mom of three boys to another... I understand. For a long time, I would take the little one in with me and give him a toy car or something to prevent grand messes or brawls while I was indisposed. Remember the days when you could do such things without the house falling apart?! It is no wonder I only go when absolutely necessary!