Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goodbye to the BEST church calling ever...

I'm so sad... My days of using the twins as an excuse to not do anything are over. Sigh. Funny thing is, they're harder than ever. Oh well. The big change? They're going to nursery. Not willingly, and not without weekly tears. But they're going. And mom just walks right out that door and tells the nursery leaders, "Only get me if the crying lasts for an hour! Ciao!" So different from my first... Any way, I get sidetracked... Let's see here... Oh yes, callings.

Well, my sweet bishop gave me the BEST calling ever while the twins were babies. It only lasted one short, little year, however. I was... drumroll... The building schedule coordinator. Yep. No Sunday duties. Ever. No lessons to prepare. Ever. No organizations to administer. No weeknight activities. Nada. Nothing. All I did was log on to the stake's website once or twice a week and approve pending requests. Seriously the best calling ever! Every new mother needs this calling. If you haven't heard of it, lobby for it! Really!

Anyway, the new calling is already causing some jitters. No, I'm not teaching. No, I have no Wednesday night mutual to go to. I get (or have?) to be the Primary Pianist! Yippee! I actually wanted this calling. Now I'm not so sure, but hey... it can't get much better than that, can it? I'm actually excited. Now, here's hoping I don't mess up "Do As I'm Doing" or something simple like that. goodness.

But, I'm really gonna miss my old calling. Maybe they'll give it back to me next year. One can only hope...

8 comments:

Marni said...

Why haven't I ever know this calling exists? I did Trek and was Camp Director AND was a Sunday School Teacher while I was prego and thought I had put my time in. Instead I think they thought I was a real "go-getter" and to grab me while I was hot and called me into the RS Pres 4 weeks before I gave birth. Seriously...I am still waiting for that confirmation for my calling.lol I actually never knew you played the piano? Glad to know that calling is out there. I will let you know if I need you to get your brother in the Stake involved, i am kidding.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Tif! You forgot to tell me. You will love this calling. That's what I would love to do. Your skills will develop as you do it. You can always play the melody line if it's a challenge. I have had the opportunity to play a lot on my mission, and I've been amazed at how the skills that I had lost have come back. I've been blessed. You'll be blessed. So will the twins. Can't believe they're going to nursery.

Love you, Mom

Becker Family said...

I didn't know you played the piano! The next thing they'll have you doing is ward organist! :) You'll do great!

Sherine said...

Oh that is a great calling. I dread being called to something like camp director.. or choir director...

And go ahead and mess up. No one cares in primary:)

♥Shally said...

Nice.

I am Sports Director for the YW. I love it!!

Mindy Gifford said...

Why would they give you your old calling back next year? Are you anticipating another little bundle (or two :) of joy?? He he. I hope the jitters are gone after your first flawless week of primary piano playing. You did PERFECTLY! I'm sure it will seem like a walk in the park in no time at all, and what a nice break you get to have for a minute when your arms are completely full of adorable, chubby, little monkeys!!

Tiffany said...

Mindy, in answer to your question, NO!!! We're not anticipating another bundle. (and DEFINITELY not two.) I just know that the gal in the 2nd ward who had this calling received it again... Thus my hope for a great 2010!

Emily said...

Congrats on your calling! I didn't know you played the piano. You are so talented. I just got called to be the 2nd counselor in R/S...over Enrichment. Want to trade?