Monday, July 20, 2009

First Hike

I took the boys on their first ever hike with the help of "Auntie" Heidi. They loved it. As I type, they've been zonked for 3 hours now!

We took the simple route and went to Donut Falls. This is a great first hike for anyone with little, little kids. We immediately started with some skinned knees. But they got the hang of it. We ended with some tears and "hold you," as Jackson got tired. But little AJ was a trooper and walked the whole entire way, up and down. Alex was way ahead prodding us to "hurry up!" It was a lot of fun!

Some highlights:

AJ, Heidi, and Heidi's "service animal" pooch, Jackson. Best behaved dog you'll ever meet.

Some of our fun moments and pretty wildflowers:

The Falls!



The log:The glasses. So vogue:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What little troopers! I'm impressed. I love the log picture. I need to meet Heidi's dog. I'm glad you are doing such fun things with your three little guys this summer. Alex is a great big brother to prod you all along. Thanks!

Love you,
Mom

♥Shally said...

It looks so beautiful up there!

You are good for hiking. I still have the mentality that I will have to end up carrying 3 of the 4 kids the whole time... :)

Sherine said...

Oh I soo need to take advantage of the mountains more!