Thursday, August 6, 2009

SURPRISE!!!

Can you see who's in this blurry picture??!!! The lady in red with her hand over her mouth in excitement, and the cute man behind her with the tucked-head grin....?
I got the BEST surprise ever! My Mom and Dad are HOME!!!!! (sort of...)

Man, I cried my eyes out!

Our family got a surprise e-mail a couple of nights ago. My parents announced they were being released early (2 1/2 weeks early) from their mission to come home for my niece's wedding. The catch: They're going back in two days. They still need to train the couple that is replacing them, but they'll be going back as "volunteers" instead of official missionaries.

Oh, but I'll take what I can get. I am the biggest mamma's girl that ever existed. I don't know how I survived 18 months without them, but getting just a small taste of having them back is going to make the next 2 1/2 weeks sooo long. Yeah! Oh, if I could just put my elation into words...!

I love this pic of my dad. (I know my sister, Kim, is blurry, but look at cute Joe. He's almost got the "ugly cry" face on he's so happy!)

Alex was so sweet. He had such a special bond with G'ma. He turned 3 just a couple of days before she left, so I didn't know how much he'd really remember her or how much he adored her. (He much preferred her to anyone else, including me, at the time.) HA. Like I needed to worry. He wouldn't let her out of sight. He clung to her hand the minute she offered it, and he was permanently attached to her hip from that point on. It was so adorable. He drove with her to visit some family, and then he finally had to say goodbye. He was so heartbroken. He just sobbed and sobbed, "I want my Grandma. I want my Grandma. When do I get to see her again? Why can't I go with her to the wedding?" He'd quiet down for a minute, then just break out in a big wail of "Grandma! I want my Grandma!"

She was so kind to make a special trip to our house (even though she was running late and had no time) to come and give him a big hug. He had the biggest grin from ear to ear. Man, I just love that lady! Anyway, he's calmed down a bit now, but he still keeps asking me, "When do I get to see my Grandma? When I see her at the wedding party (reception) I'm going to stay with her the whole time, okay, Mom?"

Okay, son. I missed her too. In fact, I think I'll hang out with you two, if that's okay. :)

Welcome home, guys. Even if it's just for two days.

3 comments:

Becker Family said...

Oh, Tiff! I'm so happy for you! I'm so glad you are able to see your parents even if it IS for only two days! I don't know how I'd do either, having my mom gone for that long. Soon you will have her back for good!

Elizabeth said...

Hooray!! What a GREAT surprise!

Marni Bown said...

Love the picts. It makes me want to cry bc of the great reunion. I am so happy for you Tiff.