Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Our August

August was such a fun and busy month! I love having kids that are old enough to take places and do fun things. I'm definitely a "summer mom." Hitting September and schedules has been an adjustment. I love the lazy days of summer.

Near the end of August, I flew to Atlanta with my brother, Danny, and we officially picked up my parents from their mission. We sent them home on a plane, and Danny and I made a cross-country drive with their car and their possessions. It was... long. :) But fun!
Then we had a large family reunion on my mom's side, and a farewell for my niece, Amberlee who left to the California, Carlsbad mission, Spanish speaking.
Along with that, here are some of our other highlights:

Lagoon. It was AUGUST, and we were wearing long pants, and jackets by evening. Remember that one cold Saturday? PERFECT Lagoon weather. Of course we went a couple of weeks later for Bounceback too!
Park City: Family, pizza, and the mountain. It was a blast!
We heart cousins!

To prevent mom from getting mad when I sneak into the refrigerator, I just need to share with my brother. Mom will think it's so cute, she can't get mad!

Alex sent his first e-mail to his "best friend," John. This is what he sent:

No comments: