I'm also glad that they are so different, because I want it to be easy for them to be individuals and not just "twins." It's also harder to get to know two babies at once. Neither child gets the time and attention that he deserves. However, I've done my best to pay attention to each as an individual, and here are some of my observations.
Andrew: Drew has always has been the patient one. From day one, if his brother was hollering louder, he didn't mind our attending to his brother's needs first. He waits so sweetly and patiently. When he does finally cry, it's always heartbreaking, because he's tried so hard to be brave for so long. He also has the warmest, sweetest smile that lights up his whole face and makes his eyes twinkle. However, this smile is reserved for his closest family members and friends. Otherwise, he is an extremely shy baby who is very sensitive to crowds, noise and too much stimulation. He is a darling, chubby baby, with the roundest cheeks and the fattest thighs of any of my boys. I just wish I could eat him up. :) I see him becoming a true spiritual leader someday. There's just something special and divine about his little countenance.
Jackson: Jax has always been the alert one, super aware of all his surroundings. He looked us in the eye from day one, and was ready to smile and socialize with anyone in view. He is so outgoing and never stops moving. He is so energetic and wiggly. He does have moments, however when he is the biggest snuggle-bug. While his brother wants nothing but to lie down at bed time, Jax wants to be held and snuggled, and will occasionally even fall asleep in our arms. Those moments are so precious. He is slimmer, yet still chunky, and is what I call a "Gerber baby." His features are so perfect and handsome. He too is sensitive to too much over-stimulation, but not as much as his brother. I see Jax becoming quite the social leader. I think he'll be good at getting his way not only with his family, but with his friends as well. He just lights up a room with his chattering and smiles.
Anyway, I could go on and on about their differences. Their hair texture is different, their developmental milestones have come at different times, their body shapes and sizes are different, their facial features are different, they eat differently, they sleep differently, they cry differently, they smile and laugh differently, etc. It's been such a joy to watch them grow. I wasn't sure I could handle this, but the Lord has been generous in his blessings. These little guys are such a joy!
![]() ![]() | ![]() ![]() |




2 comments:
I love their shirts! What a crackup. My brother has twins (a girl and a boy), it is AMAZING how different they are. It's so fun to see them have a buddy for life in every situation. I was wondering how you guys were surviving. Sounds like things are going well.
Don't worry! I didn't have twins just four kids in a short amount of time and none of them really get all of the attention and time that they DESERVE. I have decided that if they did they would be such horrible momma's babys they would never leave home and get married! They are so cute Tiff. Jax is your spitting image, looks just like you. Tamara
Post a Comment