Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mommy

Sometimes it's hard to be the mommy when you miss your mommy so much. I know she's only been gone a couple of weeks, but it seems like an eternity. My mom was the emotional relief of my week. She would show up to my house, miraculously clean it in two hours flat, comfort every grandbaby, and make me feel like I was the best mom and person in the world. I don't know how she does it, but it sure is a nice pick-me-up. Anyway, with her gone for the next year and a half, I sometimes wonder how I'm gonna hold up emotionally. Today I broke down in front of Alex (bad idea... I know, I'm a fabulous mom) and he was so sweet telling me that he would stay here with me all the time and take care of me. aw shucks... But even a 3 yr old's tender comments don't quite compare with a mommy's comfort. I miss you, mom!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I feel for you Tiff! That would be a hard situation to be in. . .is there anything I can do to help? You can borrow my mom. Let's get together!

Camille said...

I'm gathering that your parents must have left on a mission??? Where are they?