"Despite all new inventions and modern designs, fads and fetishes, no one has yet invented, or will ever invent, a satisfying subsitute for one's own family."
Thursday, March 20, 2008
What to do...?
This scene is an all-too-familiar scene at my house -- Alex lounging on my bed, watching his "kid shows." Part of me feels so much guilt, because I didn't want my kids to be those kids that spend their days and nights parked in front of the tube. However, it works out sooo nicely that he loves to watch tv. The babies get a nice, quiet nap, and mom gets a nice, hot shower. Sigh... What to do? Is everyone's house lacking in the insulation that mine is, so that sounds carry through every wall? If he's not sitting here, then he's making noise which wakes the little ones... So anyway... venting away. Oh well. Much worse things have happened than Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi tiff I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I just saw from Jenn's blog that you had one. Cool.
I think this is a familiar scene in my households. I struggle too with balance, but when mom needs a break never feel guilty about that. Take it.
It will pass. I remember feeling so guilty when I first had Emma. Linsey would go to Kindergarten in the afternoon and then I would put a movie on for Hunter and sleep while Emma slept. It became our almost daily routine. But, you get through those tough times and the habits change. Phew.
cute bedding
Post a Comment