Well, I'm pretty sure that certain male characteristics are inborn. My boys have been true boys (in all senses) since the day they were born. The other day, Jackson did something that solidified this fact for me.
I was giving Jackson a bath. He's still in the baby tub, because the big tub freaks him out. So, he's lying back in the tub, kicking, splashing, talking, squealing, etc. He's quite loud, for those who know him, and he's always vocalizing and making a ruckus.
Well, all of a sudden, he stopped kicking and splashing, and he grew strangely silent. I looked at his face, and he had this little smirk on his face that grew to a giant, toothy grin. I looked at his whole body and, sure enough, some little bubbles came floating to the surface from his bottom.
Yep... the kid had just tooted. He knew it, and he knew that I knew it. He thought it was hilarious! I have to admit, I thought it was pretty funny too. Ah, boys... I wouldn't have it any other way. :)
3 comments:
Boys are funny! I know John brings a lot of "fun" to our family with his two sisters!
You make me laugh. I would love to have seen that face. Keep writing. Love you, Mom
Oh boy... or should I say oh boys... I think 2 kids at 15 month old at one time might just do me in. Really. I'm sure there's a reason my not-so-patient-with-15 month-olds-self is not blessed with twins. That and I'm only 5 feet tall and I might have to carry one of the fetuses in my leg or something. Just no room.
Post a Comment