Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lovin' Christmas Decorating!

Last night Alex got to have a special "late-night" (oooh, 8:30!) to help me put up our Christmas village. It was truly magical. Kids are the greatest! He was just bubbling over with pure excitement. I don't know how many times I heard the phrase, "Mom! I just looooove the village! And Christmas! Oh... and candy canes!" After talking about that, he'd always throw in a sweet little, "Mom? I just love ya!" Ahhh....
Of course, thanks to a couple of curious and crazy 1 1/2 year olds, we're not putting up half of what we have this year, but that's okay!

Alex is also playing Santa make-believe every day. He's constantly turning the furniture into a sleigh, loading bags full of toys, putting them under the tree, and asking me if I've been naughty or nice. Each night it's the same question... "Is Santa coming tonight?" If only I could bottle up this excitement and spread it out over the whole year! What fun!

4 comments:

Sherine said...

Oh I just love christmas villages! Yours looks great!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, so now I don't feel so bad that my Christmas stuff isn't up yet and I have been contemplating what I want to put up, because of my own 18 month old terror.
love ya,
Catherine

Anonymous said...

This truly brings a warm glow to the heart. Oh, that all children could be as happy and fortunate as Alex to have such a wonderful home. These are moments to remember.

Lots of love, Mom & Grandma

Amberlee said...

I miss Alex! I'm happy he's so excited for the holidays. I'm not really. It is just so different here. I teach class on Christmas Day!