So are you doing anything fun for New Year's Eve? We're totally gonna party it up at our house. Let's see.... Kids in bed by 7:30 p.m., wife gets to pick a chick-flick to watch, and bed by... oh 10:30 or 11:00? Yep... it's a real party at our house!
What are you doin' New Year's Eve? What did you do in 1999?
I'm remembering a fun trip that Jen and I took to Guatemala. We stood on the streets of Xela and watched the locals set off fireworks. I even smuggled some firecrackers back into the States in my suitcase. How did I ever do that??? (pre 9-11, of course) I remember we were a little worried about the whole Y2K thing and being able to get back in the country. Funny how that amounted to a big nothing. Maybe I'll search for our pictures (someday), scan them, and post them to the blog. Maybe.... :)
So... I wanna hear your plans!
2 comments:
We ate goodies with John & Connie Jo and Chez and Shantaye. They arrived at our house at about 11:15p.m. We watched the "live" welcoming of the New Year on New York's Time Square with Dick Clark. So sad about his stoke, but he continues bravely on. Happy New Year!
I'm laughing because if you went outside at about 8:30 New Year's Eve you probably would have heard us down the street banging pots and pans and yelling "Happy New Year!" Then the kids were off to bed. We did it last year too...I think that's the best way to celebrate!
Post a Comment