Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Draper Temple

Yesterday, our little family had the opportunity to tour the new Draper Temple. We drove up there Sunday night to see it all lit up, and Alex kept asking (begging) to go inside. So, we called our Bishop and luckily he had a couple of tickets left for Monday morning. It was so beautiful! And while things were a little crazy with two toddlers and a preschooler, I'm glad we went. Mark said that as he walked into the Celestial Room with Jackson in his arms, Jackson's eyes went up to the beautiful chandelier and ceiling and he exclaimed, "Whoa!" in breathless awe. On the way home, we asked Alex how he felt while he was there, and he said, "I felt the Holy Ghost. And I liked that it is Jesus' house. I liked the pretty white room. And I liked the room where you get married." And Andrew? Well, he just wanted to get down and run amuck. But it was great. If you haven't gone yet, get your tickets. They estimate that 1.1 million have already been reserved and only 150,000 are left. It's worth it.
(We didn't have the foresight, or the free hands, to get our own picture. This is borrowed from the Draper Temple blog site.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a special experience. Alex's response was precious. What a wonderful way to reinforce the things you are teaching him about Heavenly Father and Jesus. Jackson's response was neat, too. Cute A.J.! Wasn't he the one that always woke up first for a feeding when they were infants? Just a little go-er.

Love to all of you!
Mom

Sherine said...

were there long lines?? I didn't know they would run out of tickets.. thanks for the tip!

Julie said...

Our stake had special permission to take the priests and laurels through before the actual openhouse began. Since Bret is in the bishopric, and I'm in the yw--we both got to go. We are so blessed to have such beauty and peace SOOO close. Praying that all my girls decide there is no other place on earth to be married than in one of these holy temples. Have a great day. Julie