Man, I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful pop! My dad always treated his little princess (me!) with such love and tenderness. I remember when I was young and I was super sad about something (who knows what...?). My dad took me out for a fast-food hamburger, just me and him. At our house, that happened about once a year, so it was quite the treat. My brothers were sooo jealous! My dad has always been such a great provider, and even to this day he helps all us married kids out by coming over and helping (okay... doing it by himself) us with our little home-improvement projects. He's also always been such a great example of spirituality and obedience. I don't think there's a single rebellious bone in his body. He's always been so straight arrow, and I love him for it. Forever ingrained in my memory is the picture of my dad, kneeling at his bedside, morning and night, praying. I think a characteristic of his that is my favorite is his squinty-eyed laugh. When you get him going, his grin is so big that his eyes just automatically shut. And if you drive him to complete silent laughter, you know he's got the giggles good. It's so hilarious that it sends the rest of us into even more laughter. :) He's also the most brilliant man I know. He can figure out any math equation from simple algebra to advanced calculus. (I guess helping 7 kids with their math homework - and a few grandkids too - helped him remember everything.) He's a fabulous engineer and has designed some incredible machines. He worked until the ripe, young age of 76... definite devotion and wonderful work ethic. He's a great man!Love you sooo much, Daddy. I miss you! Thanks for your wonderful example!
2 comments:
Tiffany,
You are making me sound much better than I am, but thank you anyhow. Its great to have such super kids and grandkids in our family. May the Lord continue to bless you for all the good you do.
Love you
Dad
Tif - You really captured your dad in a nutshell in your neat commentary. He is a very good man! Love you, Mom
Post a Comment