Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dear Dad

Dear Dad,

We sure missed having you home last night. Mom is like a crotchety old lady this morning. She says all of the crying from her chick flick last night made her eyes extra swollen and puffy today. She told me that since I kept her awake from 2 a.m. until 6 a.m. (when Jackson woke up for the day) that she was especially tired. I couldn't help it, though, Dad. I was having nightmares all night. She said Jackson woke up a couple of times in the night too. She looks pretty bad, Dad. She keeps saying, "These bags...ugh...these bags." Is she talking about grocery bags? She reminds me of the zombies that we read about in our Scooby Doo book. She's just kind of walking around and saying things really quiet. Well, actually, that's only when she's not yelling at me for pushing my brothers in the head. (sorry, I can't help myself. their heads wobble so nicely and it's fun to watch them tip over.) Anyway, please come home soon. I think she's going a little crazy, and I really miss you. I know, Dad. Let's put her to bed early tonight, and you and I will watch Sharks on TV. Okay?

Love ya,

Alex

6 comments:

Sherine said...

Alex... I think your going to get to watch a lot of TV today:)

Alecia Merłowicz Morris said...

Ohhhh, I can hardly type 'cause I'm laughing...still. I remember those days. I especially love the part about the wobbly heads, I think that's my favorite. Hang in there Tiffany, I know you know it but they'll be so big in a blink of an eye. BTW--let me know when you finish the book.

Anonymous said...

What was the chick flick? Sorry about another bad night. What was Alex dreaming about? Bless you to have a good sleep tonight.

Some fire ants got me on the arm today. Joe and I were picking up rubbish around the church, and I was working in some shrubs. Didn't even see the ant hill. I have three big welts above the inside of my elbow. Oh well!

Love, Mom

Julie said...

Tiffany--This too shall pass--hope tonight is much less adventuresome. Julie

Amberlee said...

I too love the part about the wobbly heads. That is a great way to put it!! Good luck. Sending my love and support from the other side of the world.

Becker Family said...

Hang in there, Tiff! It's true, they grow so fast. I think it was my mom who told me, "The days pass by slowly, but the years fly by." (I think she was quoting someone) How true that is! Hope tonight is better for you and your little ones. And I hope Mark comes home soon!