Thursday, August 7, 2008

RipStik



Have you heard of it? My niece was telling me about hers a few months back and then my nephew brought one over to the house. Now, I consider myself quite able to do things that take balance. I was the rollerblading queen! (keyword, "was.") So I thought I'd give this new fad a try. It doesn't look all that hard, now does it? Ha. I was never much of a skateboarder, but I could sort of do that. This thing is bloody hard! I couldn't even get going. After hanging on to my poor 11-yr-old nephew for dear life, I finally admitted defeat. I don't think the RipStik will be a part of that corner in the garage that's full of toys on wheels. Although... now that I've admitted defeat in writing, I've ignited a little spark of determination. Maybe I won't give up on it just yet...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful! A mother with twins and a three year old doesn't need to break an arm of a leg - especially without her mom there to help her.

Anonymous said...

don't worry about it. By the time your boys are old enough to want that sort of thing there will be some other fad that is harder and makes us look even more stupid for trying it! -Tamara